Tuesday 8 May 2007

Supervision meeting

Supervisory Meeting for Nothando Ngwenya on the 8th of May at 2:30pm in Paul Kingston’s Office.

Present: NN, PK, SM

1) We reviewed the information I wrote on the phenomenology and Grounded Theory methods, and discussed the most appropriate choice for the research.
2) Both supervisors advised that we meet up again with Lou in the next meeting and review the information again. I should also add more if possible on the sampling options for phenomenology method.
3) It was agreed that I should keep working on the MREC ethics process for the NHS and Paul said he would try and speak to Helen about getting my ethics form from the University as I cannot submit the NHS without University approval. I am hoping to submit the NHS ethics form end of May. Both supervisors agreed with this as I would need to start data collection before Christmas time.
4) I will also wait to get the RDC1 back from the University and pass on the proposal to the relevant hospices, especially Severn hospice as their collaboration has not yet been confirmed.
5) We had a brief discussion on the theoretical framework of the PhD, and shared some ideas. I have to do more work on that.
6) I need to start working on the Literature review which should consist of about 3 chapters. Expected completion of this will be August.
7) Next meeting will be the 25th of May 2007 at 11:00am


Things to do by next meeting

1) Build a theoretical framework of the PhD.
2) Read on the phenomenology and Grounded Theory methods.
3) Complete the MREC, NHS ethics form online, ready for submission.

No comments: